General Instrument products are made with fine precision, latest automation, and by qualified professionals. They are tested and certified as per industry standards' organizations. Our products are pre-approved on most large company procurements world-wide.
Nickel Wire Mineral Insulated RTD
In continuation with its endeavour to provide products of best quality to clients, General has developed RTD with Nickel conductor in Mineral Insulated Construction for the first time in India.The basic difference between the conventional & Nickel conductor is material of conductor. In conventional, it is copper as against Nickel in newly developed MI.
• Most important advantage is that the RTD element is welded on to conductors and not brazed. As such
same RTD can be used for much higher temperature of up to 6000C. In conventional RTD with copper
conductor, brazing does not allow use of RTD above 4500C, after which brazing star ts softening and
RTD loses its contact with cable conductors. In Nickel conductors, as Nickel can be welded, contact is
much more stronger even at a higher temperature.
• Nickel conductor cables are annealed at higher temperature than that of Copper. The cable therefore
is much more softer. Hence RTDs made with nickel conductor are more pliable and easier to use.
• Nickel has much more strength than copper. Hence, they can be directly terminated in the terminal
block avoiding another connection of flexible leads. RTDs with Nickel conductors give steady readings
and chances of loose connection of flexible leads to copper wires is avoided.
• As Nickel conductors are welded to RTD element, it is a much more stable design than brazed RTD.
This advantage is very important in applications where vibrations are present.
• Copper can get easily oxidised causing fluctuations in readings. Nickel being much more inert
chemically, is not so prone to oxidation and hence gives stable readings over a longer period of time.
Nitrogen leak test
Insulation resistance (>100 M ohm @ 500VDC at 250C)
Drop / Shock test
Self heating error test
Response time test (In situ-water flowing @ 20 ltr. Per second)
Original Equipment Manufacturers,
Oil Exploration/Refineries/Petrochemicals Chemical Fertiliser Pulp & Paper Power Generation Metallurgy Synthetic Fiber